We are now looking for a Producer for our Beltane Fire Festival 2014. If you’re interested, please read the advert below and see the attached Job Description and Person Specification for more details.
Job title: Event Producer
Company: Beltane Fire Society Ltd
Job Title: Producer
Salary: Paid(details to be confirmed)
The Beltane Fire Society (BFS) need someone to step up for the important role of Producing Beltane Fire Festival 2014.
What does this role involve?
It involves dedicating a couple of months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising one of the most unique and spectacular events in the world!
In summary, the key responsibilities of the Producer are as follows:
- To manage the event on the night
- To have budget control over event finances and administration
- To organise the event staff, volunteers and subcontractors
- To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS; re permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up
- To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process
- To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders
- To keep the event on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs
Producing a Beltane Fire Society event is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Directors and previous Producers will be on hand to offer help and advice.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas:
- Your previous experience of managing events
- Your previous experience of Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
- Any specific ideas that you might have for the Beltane Fire Festival 2014
- Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Beltane Fire Festival 2014 a primary focus between the beginning of February and the end of May
Interviews expected to be held in the w/c 20th January 2014
Deadline: 17th January 2014
Contact details: email@example.com
Website address: www.beltane.org