Job title: Event Coordinator
Company: Beltane Fire Society Ltd.
Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Salary: Paid (please ask for details)
The Beltane Fire Society (BFS) need someone to step up for the important role of coordinating the Beltane Fire Festival 2016.
What does this role involve?
It involves dedicating a couple of months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising one of the most unique and spectacular events in the world!
In summary, the key responsibilities of the event coordinator are as follows:
- To coordinate the event on the night
- To help manage the budget for event finances and administration
- To organise the event staff, volunteers and subcontractors
- To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS; re permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up
- To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process
- To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders
- To keep the event on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs
Coordinating a Beltane Fire Society event is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Directors and previous event coordinators will be on hand to offer help and advice.
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas:
- Your previous experience of coordinating, producing or managing events
- Your previous experience of Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
- Any specific ideas that you might have for the Beltane Fire Festival 2016
- Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Beltane Fire Festival 2016 a primary focus between the middle of January until the second week in May 2016.
If you are interested please contact festival[at]beltane[dot]org for further details and please note that all submissions should be sent electronically to festival[at]beltane[dot]org
Interviews expected to be held in the second week of January 2016.
Deadline: Friday 1st January 2016, 7pm
Contact details: festival[at]beltane[dot]org
Website address: http://www.beltane.org
Please download this document for your application
Beltane 2016 Event Coordinator Advert, Job Description and Person Specification
Photo of Beltane 2015 by Mark Taylor