It’s that time of year! We’re advertising for the Event Coordinator role for our next Samhuinn and Beltane Fire Festivals!
Contract title: Event Coordinator, Beltane Fire Society Ltd
Fee: £6,500 – £7,400 (dependent on experience)
Duration 1 August 2019 – 30th June 2020
The Beltane Fire Society (BFS) is searching for a skilled event coordinator to organise our next two major events, the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2019 and the Beltane Fire Festival 2020.
What does this role involve?
The role is one of the most exciting and unusual contracts around. It involves dedicating the next few months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising two of the most unique and spectacular events in the world.
In summary, the key responsibilities of the event coordinator are:
- To oversee and coordinate all activity preparing for the events
- Lead volunteer group organiser meetings and ensure preparations are on track
- To coordinate the events on the night
- To help manage the budget for event finances and administration
- To organise the event contractors, volunteers and subcontractors
- To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS; re permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up
- To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process
- To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders
- To keep the events on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs
Coordinating Beltane Fire Society events is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Directors and previous Event Coordinators will be on hand to offer help and advice.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas:
- Your previous experience of coordinating, producing or managing events
- Your previous experience of the Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
- What you feel you’d bring to our festivals
- Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Samhuinn a primary focus between the middle of August until the second week in November 2019 and Beltane from the middle of January until the Middle of May 2020.
A full job description is available here:
Interviews expected to be held the week beginning 15 July 2019. When applying please state if you are not available any day or evening that week.
Deadline: Sunday 14 July 2019, 5pm