Job title: Event Coordinator
Company: Beltane Fire Society Ltd
Salary: Paid (ask for details)
The Beltane Fire Society (BFS) need someone to step up for the important role of coordinating the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2016 and the Beltane Fire Festival 2017.
What does this role involve?
It involves dedicating the next few months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising two of the most unique and spectacular events in the world!
In summary, the key responsibilities of the event coordinator are as follows
• To coordinate the events on the night
• To help manage the budget for event finances and administration
• To organise the event staff, volunteers and subcontractors
• To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS; re permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up
• To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process
• To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders
• To keep the events on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs
Coordinating Beltane Fire Society events is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Trustees and previous Event Coordinators will be on hand to offer help and advice.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas
• Your previous experience of coordinating, producing or managing events
• Your previous experience of the Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
• Any specific ideas that you might have for Samhuinn 2016 and Beltane 2017
• Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Samhuinn a primary focus between the end of August until the second week in November 2016 and Beltane from the middle of January until the second week in May 2017.
If you are interested please contact email@example.com for further details and please note that all submissions should be sent electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews expected to be held on the first week of August 2016. When applying please state if you are not available any day or evening that week.
Deadline: Friday 29th July 2016, 7pm
Contact details: email@example.com
Website address: http://www.beltane.org
Please download the full job description and details
Samhuinn 2016 and Beltane 2017 Event Coordinator Advert, Job Description and Person Specification
Photo of Samhuinn 2015 by Raini Scott