Planning Beltane: from the first idea to the first foot-fall
Thursday 5th June, 2014
Room 1.24, St Margaret’s House, 151 London Road, Edinburgh
7:30pm to 9:30pm
Question: How are our festivals planned, when are decisions made, and who makes them?
Ian, one of our Trustees, will propose a radical alteration to the planning cycle of our major events, and want you – the BFS community – to discuss the options, ramifications, pros & cons, and make alternative suggestions of how we get from zero to the first foot-fall of the first performer.
There are many things to consider:
- Creating a storyline
- GO applications
- Selecting the Royal Court
- What does the Producer do
- What do the Blues do
- Who’s essential
- Why can’t we block out the next 5 years
So – performers, stewards, tech, past performers…. you all have a reason to be part of this:
- Why do we do what we do?
- When did we change from what we did?
- What have you seen elsewhere that works well?
- What would changes mean to the groups you tend to be part of?
- Is “doing nothing” an option?
You are welcome to register your attendance on the Facebook event page.
Photo by Jasper Schwartz, taken at Beltane 2014.