- Contract title: Event Coordinator, Beltane Fire Society
- Location: Edinburgh
- Deadline: Monday 21 August, 5pm
- Fee: £6,650 – £7,760, dependent on experience
We’ve been hunting all summer for a skilled event coordinator to organise our next two major events, the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2017 and the Beltane Fire Festival 2018. We’ve not quite found the right person yet, so we’re extending our deadline – apply today!
What does this role involve?
The role is one of the most exciting and unusual contracts around. It involves dedicating the next few months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising two of the most unique and spectacular events in the world.
In summary, the key responsibilities of the event coordinator are:
- To oversee and coordinate all activity preparing for the events
- Lead volunteer group organiser meetings and ensure preparations are on track
- To coordinate the events on the night
- To help manage the budget for event finances and administration
- To organise the event contractors, volunteers and subcontractors
- To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS; re permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up
- To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process
- To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders
- To keep the events on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs
Coordinating Beltane Fire Society events is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Directors and previous Event Coordinators will be on hand to offer help and advice.
Contract start date will be 31 August, and will run until mid May 2018. Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Samhuinn a primary focus between the end of August until the second week in November 2017 and Beltane from the middle of January until the second week in May 2018.
If you are interested in this contract please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas:
- Your previous experience of coordinating, producing or managing events
- Your previous experience of the Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
- Any specific ideas that you might have for Samhuinn 2017 and Beltane 2018
- Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Email your application and any enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interviews expected to be held on or around the 22 – 24 August 2017. When applying please state if you are not available any day or evening that week.
- Deadline: Monday 21 August 2017, 5pm
- Submit enquiries and applications to: email@example.com
- Website address: www.beltane.org
Download the full contract description and specification for more information.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Featured image of volunteers at the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2016 by Mark Taylor for Beltane Fire Society.