We’re very excited to announce that we have chosen the groups and their organisers that will make up Beltane Fire Festival 2018. Another piece of the puzzle has fallen into place, and we can now look forward to signing up volunteers to each of these groups at our Open Meeting in just over a week. Our Group Organisers will be pulling out all the stops over the next few months to recruit and train their volunteers, plan, create, and rehearse their concepts, and generally work hard to create an epic festival. We wish them the best of luck!
Gav Kennerly, James Armandary, Josh Bergamin and Kate Kirkwood will be continuing as Blues following on from Samhuinn last year, and former Blues Rob May and Caroline Heavens will join them in taking up the withies again too.
More information about the groups themselves and the Blues will be appearing here on our website in time for the Open Meeting (which you should totally come to if you want to be part of the festival – Saturday 24 February, 2pm in Lauriston Hall)!
- Jay Wiwezar and Sarah Barr
THE BEASTIE DRUMMERS:
- Lindsey Bell, Siri Pantzar, and Kirsty Jones
- Emma May, Lizzy Treacy, and Mike Turner
- Eva Murzyn and Daniel Tysen
- Lewis Hartley and Mairi Elise McKay
- Jenny Bloom, Karen Dickson, and Elspeth Thomson
FIRE ARCH (OF ELSEWHERE):
- Kenn Musso and Lisette Boxman
- Electra Tzini and Giulia Frontalini
FIRE POINT (IGNIS CORPORA):
- Dex de Cruz and Jordan Phillips
GUTH NAM BEÒ:
- Adam Dahmer, Tamsyn Ball, and Simone Mckenzie
NIGHTWATCH (STEWARDS AND TORCHBEARERS):
- Jak Hyslop, Gudrun Kocher-Oberlehner, and Nico Marrone
- Neil Barton and Martin McCarthy
- Nahikari Mendoza and Cam Ginty
- Alun Patrick Ryder Evans and Simon Ossenkoppele-Brain
- To be confirmed very soon!
- Colin McEwan, Lu Kocaurek and Hannah Smith
For any other questions, contact chair [at] beltane [dot] org or festival [at] beltane [dot] org or chat to us at the Open Meeting.
Featured image by Martin McCarthy for Beltane Fire Society