Photo of Samhuinn 2013 by Mark Taylor
Job title: Event Coordinator
Company: Beltane Fire Society Ltd
Salary: Paid (ask for details)
The Beltane Fire Society (BFS) need someone to step up for the important role of coordinating the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2014.
What does this role involve?
It involves dedicating a couple of months of your life, paid for by Beltane Fire Society, to organising one of the most unique and spectacular events in the world!
In summary, the key responsibilities of the event coordinator are as follows:
• To coordinate the event on the night.
• To help manage the budget for event finances and administration.
• To organise the event staff, volunteers and subcontractors.
• To negotiate with City of Edinburgh Council and Police Scotland on behalf of BFS about permits/licenses, road closures, public safety and clean-up.
• To liaise with emergency services through City of Edinburgh Council’s EPOG (Event Planning & Operations Group) process.
• To maintain good relations with local residents, businesses and other key stakeholders.
• To keep the event on track by coordinating all the necessary meetings, rehearsals and walkthroughs.
Coordinating a Beltane Fire Society event is a challenging and thrilling experience, and you won’t be on your own; the Board of Directors and previous event coordinators will be on hand to offer help and advice.
If you are interested in this role please send your CV along with a short proposal covering one side of A4 answering each of the following areas:
• Your previous experience of coordinating, producing or managing events
• Your previous experience of Beltane Fire Society or similar organisations
• Any specific ideas that you might have for the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2014
• Your previous experience of leading and inspiring volunteers
Please note that while we are very willing to be flexible about working arrangements we can only consider submissions from people who can make the Samhuinn Fire Festival 2014 a primary focus between the end of August until the second week in November 2014.
If you are interested please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details and please note that all submissions should be sent electronically to email@example.com
Interviews expected to be held on the 4th and 5th August 2014.
Deadline: Friday 1st August 2014, 7pm
Contact details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website address: http://www.beltane.org
Please download this document for your application:
Samhuinn 2014 Event Coordinator Advert, Job Description and Person Specification