Tonight’s the night! After months of hard work, our volunteer performers, drummers, stewards, production team and photographers are putting the final touches to their costumes, limbering up, and preparing for the 30th Beltane Fire Festival!
Here are some useful links to make sure you’re fully ready for the experience:
Tickets will also be available from our box office on site for £10 (cash on) from 6:30pm. The gates don’t open until 8pm.
There will be three food vendors on site, but no bars.
Conditions of entry include:
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket. No charge for under 12s, but they must have a ticket, must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket.
- Parents and guardians please note: this event contains semi-nudity and uninhibited behaviour, your discretion is advised.
- Strictly no glass bottles on site.
- Cash only sales at the gate. All pre-purchased tickets to be collected from ticket agency by the office closing time on the 30th April.
- As flash photography can be very distracting for performers, we ask that you switch off the flash on your phone or camera, please – and if you can, we’d absolutely recommend experiencing our festival without using either at all.
- The Beltane Fire Society aims to provide a welcoming and celebratory atmosphere. Harassment of performers or other audience members will not be tolerated. Please be considerate to our neighbours when leaving the venue.
- Please do not bring glass bottles, barbecues, dogs, fire lanterns, fire toys, fireworks, wax torches or flares (we have enough fire, we promise!).
Customers using a wheelchair can access to the hill (please email email@example.com for details) but please be aware that due to the nature of the event there are no viewing platforms. Some hard standing is available but the grassed area of the hill can be uneven. Patrons should be aware that the event will be dark, busy, and noisy. A wheelchair-accessible toilet will be available. First Aid, ambulance service and welfare will be in attendance. Carers for patrons with a disability or otherwise requiring accompaniment will be provided with a free ticket.
We will be sharing images from the night on our Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook feeds where possible. If you do post anything online (although again, we do recommend keeping your phones in your pockets during the event), tag your pictures and posts #beltane2017 to share them with us!
And that’s it! All that’s left to say is Happy Beltane to one and all! We look forward to sharing this night with you. Come along, dance, celebrate, reconnect with nature, with the Beltane community and revel in the joys of summer!
We will be very busy and with limited internet connection from now onwards. So if you have questions, please bear with us and we will try and get back to you when we can.
Featured image by Simon Crofts for Beltane Fire Society. All Rights Reserved.