ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT OUR THIRTIETH BELTANE
Celebrate the first signs of summer with the Beltane Fire Society! Our thirtieth reimagining of the ancient Celtic festival of Beltane will mark the changing seasons with a wild mix of drums, fire and physical theatre, on a scale not seen anywhere else in the world.
As darkness falls and the fire torches are lit, our drums will thunder and the May Queen will awaken. Across the night She leads her court around the hill and through a great arch of fire; the Green Man will be stripped of his Winter guise and reborn; and together they will light the traditional Beltane bonfire. Join us and revel in the first joys of Summer!
Tickets for Beltane 2017 are available exclusively from Tickets Scotland:
Click here to order tickets from Ticket Scotland’s website
- £8 + booking fee until 30 April
- £10 on the gate – cash payments only.
If tickets sell out and we reach capacity for Calton Hill, we will have to close the gates and stop admissions. We have no way of predicting if or when this will happen, so to avoid disappointment we advise booking your tickets in advance (ticket holders will be admitted at any time during the event).
To book disabled patrons and carers tickets please call on 0131 220 3234.
- Date: 30th April 2017
- Times: 8pm – 1:30am (performance begins at sundown)
- Location: Calton Hill, Edinburgh – entrance from Waterloo place
- Official Facebook event page
- Beltane 2017 Groups
- May Queen & Green Man
- Processional map and running order (click here to see 2016 version)
Questions About Tickets
Tickets Scotland will be handling ALL ticket-related enquiries, so please contact them directly on +44 (0) 131 220 3234 with any queries. Beltane Fire Society cannot provide technical support or assistance with ticket orders but we’d like to give you as much information as we can so we’ve addressed a few frequently asked questions here…
Can tickets bought online or on the phone be sent outside the UK?
No. Tickets bought online or on the phone can ONLY be sent to UK addresses.
I live outside the UK. How can I get my tickets?
You can pick them up from Tickets Scotland at 127 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3DT or 237 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL. Please note that tickets purchased online or on the phone *cannot* be picked up from the box office at Calton Hill.
Can I buy tickets online and pick them up in person?
Yes. You can buy tickets online and pick them up from Tickets Scotland at 127 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3DT or 237 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL
Can I buy tickets directly from a shop without ordering them online?
Yes. You can buy tickets from Tickets Scotland at 127 Rose Street, Edinburgh, EH2 3DT or 237 Argyle Street, Glasgow, G2 8DL
Can I buy tickets at the gate of the event?
Providing tickets have not sold out by then, some will be available for purchase from the box office at Calton Hill. As we cannot guarantee that there will still be tickets left by the day of the event, we strongly advise that you purchase them in advance to avoid disappointment.
Conditions of Entry
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket. No charge for under 12s, but they must have a ticket, must be accompanied by an adult with a ticket.
- Parents and guardians please note: this event contains semi-nudity and uninhibited behaviour, your discretion is advised.
- Strictly no glass bottles on site.
- Cash only sales at the gate. All pre-purchased tickets to be collected from ticket agency by the office closing time on the 30th April.
- As flash photography can be very distracting for performers, we ask that you switch off the flash on your phone or camera, please – and if you can, we’d absolutely recommend experiencing our festival without using either at all.
- The Beltane Fire Society aims to provide a welcoming and celebratory atmosphere. Harassment of performers or other audience members will not be tolerated. Please be considerate to our neighbours when leaving the venue.
- Please do not bring glass bottles, barbecues, dogs, fire lanterns, fire toys, fireworks, wax torches or flares (we have enough fire, we promise!).
Customers using a wheelchair can access to the hill (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details) but please be aware that due to the nature of the event there are no viewing platforms. Some hard standing is available but the grassed area of the hill can be uneven. Patrons should be aware that the event will be dark, busy, and noisy. A wheelchair-accessible toilet will be available. First Aid, ambulance service and welfare will be in attendance. Carers for patrons with a disability or otherwise requiring accompaniment will be provided with a free ticket.
Photo of Beltane 2013 by Simon Kowalczyk